View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 05:52 PM   #74 (permalink)
turtle64b
Track Member

Drives: '11 SC Blue 7AT
turtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond repute
Default It Lives!!

Talked to Sebastian at SpecialtyZ and he was able to prepare and overnight me a tune before he headed out to Zdayz! I can't thank him enough! Ironically, he is literally flying 90% of the way to me, just as I'm about to go on vacation haha.

Flashed the tune and the car is definitely better! AFRs are higher than I'd like, but for the first iteration, that's to be expected.

AFRs are about 14 WOTish, 16 cruising and 18 under light load, light throttle conditions. Pretty high... I can feel the engine pull timing around the 16-17 mark. I will officially start the data logging process when I get back from vacation, but I'm doing a few drives to get dome prelim data for Sebastian to work with when he gets back from Zdayz and I'm gone.

I have a very small gas leak from the tophat. It's coming from the return penetration. I think it came loose during the final installation, so I'll have to pull it out some after I've run some gas out to tighten the connection. Fairly heavy gas smell in the cabin...

My rattle can isn't much quieter, but that's to be expected haha. The vibration in reverse, I think, is coming from the intake being pressed against the hole that it runs through in the front passenger side and the direction the engine moves when in reverse pushes it more against the car, causing the vibration. I'll widen the hole a little more and that should solve the problem.

I would say I'm about ready to be added to the FI builds! I don't have any numbers yet, but I'll post them up when I get a chance to get to a dyno.

Things upcoming (probably once they fail haha):
Headers (maybe)
Level 10 tranny
Forged internals (maybe stroke out to 4-4.2)
SC impeller, bearing, and pulley upgrades
CSF Radiator
Oil Cooler

The last thing... Stickers... My car is still a daily driver, I'm not rockin' any sponsorships, and I don't wanna make it look crazy, but at the same time, I'd like to give credit where credit is due. Did you guys put the stickers on? And if so, where?

Thanks again for all your help and input!!!!!

-Brett
turtle64b is offline   Reply With Quote