View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 03:52 PM   #147 (permalink)
danegrey
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 12 370Z BK Cherry M6
danegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond reputedanegrey has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, a couple of weeks ago already, went to wannagofast, to see how fast I could get the Z in a 1/2 mile. It was kinda neat, since they have a new timing system (which after lunch broke for a bit, which cut into run times)

I got 6 runs, 5 with times. The interesting part is how fast the car can go to 1/4 mile, but then the last 1/4 mile it dies...

1st run was the best run 122.6158, off 2 miles from 2014.
1/4 mile was 100.5362
1/2 mile was 122.5362

2nd run was 122.3491
1/4 mile was 100.8969
1/2 mile was 122.3491

those runs, were learning how to re-shift, last time it pulled all the way up to 4th and stop
this time with the tune and everything I had to shift to 5th so I would not red-line and then engine start going into limp mode...

The third run was awful, I missed up my shifts, burnt the clutch and it smell real bad for an hour, did not make another run for 2 hours, so that was probably good.

Someone came up and said that not how a Z runs and said they saw black smoke coming out the back (might be new clutch time)

The rest of the day was just shifting at 6k, 6,5K and 7K from a rolling start. seemed ok, but it did cut into the speed.

Got several comments on the Z, remember some folks walking by and trying to figure out the color, love that black cherry changes based on the sunlight

just a good time to let the Z run like she wants to...