View Single Post
Old 05-17-2017, 05:30 AM   #3535 (permalink)
6spd
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Q50RS
6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute6spd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
"Nissan lost that battle and sold barely 1,000 units in 1997. A legendary car that had helped establish Datsun (later Nissan) as a legitimate player in the U.S. market was sent off to the graveyard."

That's Off-The-Record: The Almost Stillborn Nissan Z

How do you abandon the car that made you who you are? Seriously!!
I have a comparison. At work, when discussing changing a process/method my company had been using for a while, I had to say to them (respectfully of course), "While I appreciate the sentiment, that idea is no longer profitable."

Emotion aside and looking purely at profit and portfolio, if it doesn't make money or have a future making money, divest from it.

While I/we may not like it, this is probably what they really want to say to us about the Z.