View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 09:01 PM   #198 (permalink)
husam2012
Track Member

Drives: 370Z Nismo
husam2012 has a reputation beyond reputehusam2012 has a reputation beyond reputehusam2012 has a reputation beyond reputehusam2012 has a reputation beyond reputehusam2012 has a reputation beyond reputehusam2012 has a reputation beyond reputehusam2012 has a reputation beyond reputehusam2012 has a reputation beyond reputehusam2012 has a reputation beyond reputehusam2012 has a reputation beyond reputehusam2012 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioYJ View Post
One of those plastic "alignment tools"? Honestly I've had better luck centering the clutch disc by eye/fee! than using those tools. There is so much slop in those generally that you can still get the disc not quite centered when you tighten down the pressure plate even with the tool. I'd loosen the pressure plate again, try to center it again and really pay attention without trying to rely as much on the tool to hold it centered.

Of course I'm sure you know that, its probably just you're frustrated with it. Usually what happens. If you called someone else over to help with it they'd get it first try, that's what usually happens to me...

I think I just have the engine at a different angle so that's why it's not mating right.

Hopefully it will slide in tomorrow otherwise I'll have to lower the trans and check the clutch/pressure plate again

Thanks for the ideas guys! Hopefully no more problems tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
husam2012 is offline   Reply With Quote