View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 04:08 PM   #73 (permalink)
turtle64b
Track Member

Drives: '11 SC Blue 7AT
turtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond repute

I'm gonna crank the car up and rev a little to see what the sound does. I agree that smartphone video/sound is nowhere near ideal for diagnostic, but it's what I've got right now... I'm still waiting to see if Vortech will respond to my request for them to take a listen or ask for more data. There are definitely people out there experiencing this sound, so there has to be some explanation outside of conjecture and maybe Vortech knows. Hopefully.

The other thing, could it be the tune? Or the lack of tune, I should say. Could the rougher idle lead to excessive backlash, which is causing the sound to be louder? Again, I feel like I've heard many different stages of bearing failure, and this sound seems too catastrophic for the SC to continue functioning the way that it is (no excessive back and forth play in the pulleys).
turtle64b is offline   Reply With Quote