View Single Post
Old 05-14-2017, 06:42 PM   #13 (permalink)
SINISTER
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z NISMO
SINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond repute

The problem with the Pre 2015 Nismo was the rear shock valving. The spring rates are not high F - 8.6kgf/mm (480lbs/inch) R - 9.3kgf/mm (520lbs/inch). Under suggestion from another Nismo owner I changed only the rears to the OEM 2013 euro tuned sports shocks..part number: E6210-1EA2A Euro Tuned 2013 sport shocks. These are what appears to be a firmer shock than the past shocks shared between base and sport model up until 2013 of part number E6210-1EA1E.

The ride is still firm just not rock hard anymore. Since the sport Z appears to be as effective in all the tested track comparisons as the Nismo, I doubt reducing the firmness of the rears marginally would create a big difference in track times. Some day I will test at track, swapping them out and try to do a comparison and see if the harsher Nismo shocks even make a difference. I believe that the harsh city ride honestly is unnecessary and these will probably do as well making the car as good off the track as on....but who knows. I will report back when I give it a try someday..

That would suck wouldn't it? If everyone trying to be a real man and keeping them on dealing with the obvious harshness for nothing found out that changing them to marginally less firm rear shocks made no difference at the track..especially since its so easy to swap them...

Last edited by SINISTER; 05-14-2017 at 07:01 PM.
SINISTER is offline   Reply With Quote