View Single Post
Old 05-12-2017, 02:49 PM   #68 (permalink)
turtle64b
Track Member

Drives: '11 SC Blue 7AT
turtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBatt View Post
I wonder why he replaced the bearings if the SC only has 12K miles on it. Sounds fishy to me.

You might want to talk to Vortec and see if they can replace the bearings and get the Si upgrade while they have it.

Sorry you are having to deal with this issue this late in the build. Good luck!
Yeah, I feel like there's always an issue somewhere haha, mine just happened to come up near the end.

A quote from the for sale post, "In its time it was 99% daily driver with one trip to the Dragon and one track day at Summit Point. After the track day it was louder than normal. When I got home I pulled it apart and one of the bearings had failed. Input bearing if I remember correctly. I replaced all bearings and seals and intended to reinstall but while everything was out I came across a new project and decided instead to sell the Z(it was too boring driving around with no boost!)."

I feel confident in my ability to rebuild the SC and I'm looking at ordering the 928 high-speed rebuild kit for down the road should I find myself pulling the SC apart for repair.

Edit: I shot Vortech an email asking for some assistance if they wouldn't mind providing it.

Last edited by turtle64b; 05-12-2017 at 03:11 PM.
turtle64b is offline   Reply With Quote