View Single Post
Old 05-11-2017, 09:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
Firebase99
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 14 3.8 Gen Coupe GT
Firebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond reputeFirebase99 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
It's s great first attempt at a sports car.the evolution over the course of one generation was remarkable. But the Genesis coupe has ECU programming that hinders it from being as good as it can be. It's Brembos have been engineered with too many cost cutting shortcuts and finally, the transmission response which is probably hindered by poor ecu tuning is subpar by comparison to the Z. Finally. It's wheelbase and weight distribution don't allow it to be a true competitor once on track. It's still a 2+2.

The only reason I can add the 86 to the mix is.... despite being a 4 seater. It's still has 2 seater dimensions, driving dynamics and weight. The Genny doesn't Nor does the camaro or any muscle. We can compare Porsche but I was comaring more attainable marks...
Agreed. My Genny is a FANTASTIC GT car for the money. As a sports car it falls short against the Z. Though IMHO it's a better GT car than either a mustang or camaro. For the money that is.