View Single Post
Old 05-11-2017, 03:10 PM   #53 (permalink)
turtle64b
Track Member

Drives: '11 SC Blue 7AT
turtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond repute
Default Done! -ish Again...

BOV flange arrived this morning! Had some friends over to double check my work and be there when I turned the engine over just in case.

Results:
I'm pretty sure I have a vacuum leak due to the engine idling at a rough 1000ish RPM.
Idle fuel pressure right now is about 40 psi. I'm pretty sure I need to up it to around 60 if I read right on another thread.
No codes!!!!
I hate that damn marble sound!!! Please listen to the video of close to the SC and verify that it sounds alright. The seller replaced all four bearings so I initially thought something may be off-balance, but if that's the normal sound, that's the normal sound haha. I'll look into raising the idle, but the sound is present at 1000 RPM...
No fuel leaks at 40 psi.
No coolant leaks.
Meters track with chart.
The car is currently in limp mode due to a wiring mix-up. I'm letting the spark plugs dry out after a couple unsuccessful starts and I will start it again in the morning.
I will also get some windex on the partially collapsed coupler to maneuver it and un-collapse it.

The wiring mix-up was me putting the wrong extension in the wrong spot. I connected the throttle body to the MAF and vice versa...

Link to album:
https://goo.gl/photos/6wexurgWYzweWzYw7
turtle64b is offline   Reply With Quote