View Single Post
Old 05-11-2017, 02:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
KrnAndy
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370z M6
KrnAndy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedoom View Post
So! I am still learning how car suspension works so bear with me please. I've read multiple threads and the common knowledge is that to have close to stock alignment when you are lowered an inch or more, you need front upper control arms and a rear camber kit. I've read a couple threads that state it is more than highly recommended to get new shocks. But when I message a couple of the Instagram famous Z owners or talk to local people in person, they literally only have springs (either swift or ark). That's it. Nothing else except for spacers. Can someone pleeeeeeeeeeeeease clear this up, can I just get springs in the meantime until I get my other suspension components? I go to canyons every Sunday and partake in some spirited driving lol. I just wanna lower my car but not **** up how my car handles. Most likely gonna shoot for the ARK-GTS. I am a college student so I don't have money to blow over a grand just to lower my car. Thanks!
a lot of people go for the springs because they don't want to dish out the money for a set of coilovers. it's a cheaper alternative. some do go to spring/ koni shock route but at that point, getting adjustable coilovers for a bit more would be more ideal. and no you don't need aftermarket shocks from lowering springs BUT depending on how hard you drive the car, bumps etc, the valving is a lot softer, so constant abuse will blow out your shocks. if you have money to get sway bars + endlinks, just get coilovers instead, and the rear camber kit + toe kit. you'll be set. I have sway bars on and tbh just the coilovers would be fine for even spirited driving, and you don't get that annoying 1 wheel lift on curbs
KrnAndy is offline   Reply With Quote