Thread: Kicker Hideaway
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 08:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
twyrick
Base Member

Drives: 2016 370Z Nismo Tech
twyrick is on a distinguished road
Default Yeah....

That's a really good idea, except that's the thing.... For whatever reason, I'm finding this car is the toughest one I've ever owned to deal with the interior plastic panels!

It just seems like Nissan made every effort to discourage people from messing with the panels, the way they alternated between 3 or 4 different types of fasteners, often totally concealed behind panels so you have to use the service manual as a guide to locate. I have a cheap 4 piece plastic set of trim pulling tools that got me by on every other car I've owned. But they never seem to be enough with this Z.

I wound up going back to my original idea, putting the Kicker Hideaway back in the trunk, strapped down to that child safety harness point.

I left the mounting straps installed that I screwed in on that panel behind the driver's seat though. Not sure what I'm going to do with them just yet, but I have a feeling they could be useful? They're pretty adjustable in size and have velcro on the ends of them to keep them from flapping around after you feed them through their buckles.

I mean ... you could take a small computer and strap it back there or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhovah View Post
Drill some holes through the plastic and fab up some mounts to the metal behind it. If you use some long bolts or threaded rod or something you could mount it floating off the plastic to avoid any kind of panel vibration.

edit: Just realized you are trying to avoid pulling all the panels...
twyrick is offline   Reply With Quote