View Single Post
Old 05-07-2017, 03:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
Jinxx
Track Member

Drives: 2017 nismo 370z
Jinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond reputeJinxx has a reputation beyond repute

I have talked to soho about it and they had good things to say on increases ...it's the "overthinking " questions like .....I know the gains are made by cooling the temps and allowing timing to be increased adding the risk of damage if it fails ..but is the risk just as high if used more so for cooling temps and if I'm thinking correct as our cars increase boost/heat with 93octane ...the ECM pulls timing as a correction....but if the water/meth keeps the car from having to pull timing would there be gains without advancing it ....thus keeping it safe in case of failure.........I'm not having any issues with my tune on 93 octane with detonation and not sure how much or if any timing is being pulled from the ECM ....My thoughts were to keep the 93 tune ...add the meth kit and retune with a sec map..the 93 tune would be a backup tune in case I run out of meth or had a issue with the meth kit. Not wanting to add more boost or get to agressive with timing
Jinxx is offline   Reply With Quote