View Single Post
Old 05-06-2017, 01:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
OTW Z-Boy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 14 Nismo 370z #495
OTW Z-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeOTW Z-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeOTW Z-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeOTW Z-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeOTW Z-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeOTW Z-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeOTW Z-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeOTW Z-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeOTW Z-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeOTW Z-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeOTW Z-Boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Adam's Polishes: Mini Product Review

And on to the next...

Finally got some time last weekend to get into detailing the Z.

Products used:
Visco clay bar with geometric tool (Detail Spray for lubricant)
Revive hand polish
Brilliant Glaze
Buttery Wax

As for the claying process this by far was the most time intensive but well worth step in the detail. The paint overall was really rough bumpy to touch on most of the horizontal surfaces. Spent about 2 hours claying the whole car. Spent most of the time really getting the hood roof and hatch 100% smooth to touch. The geometric tool was an interesting twist on the normal hand claying. The visco clay itself is very pliable and molded over the tool with minimal effort. Also having the tool to grip with the clay saved my hands the next day for sure. Grade: A

Next was the Revive Hand Polish. This product went on very smooth (pudding like consistency) and made some strides on the very minor scratches and imperfections on the Z's paint. Really helped in getting the Mag Black back to Black. Before this even though the paint looked pretty good it was a bit dull and slightly oxidized. Now after a coat of revive it looks black and the flake can be seen in low light. Removing the polish was pretty easy but between this the Glaze and the Wax the most difficult (as expected). Grade: A

Brilliant Glaze was the next step in the process. This product is liquid so having the hex applicator to apply was key. Glaze went on with no effort whatsoever, its liquid so a fast swipe back and forth was all it took. After a couple seconds it hazes up and after buffed off revealed a mirror like finish. Used 2 types of towels in the process (single soft and borderless grey) for me the single soft on the Glaze was perfect as it has a finer weave than the borderless grey towels. The grey towels did knock off the polish and wax with ease and I found flipping them over less than other towels that I've used in the past. Brilliant Glaze Grade A+

At this point I thought about stopping because the before and after was so much better. After a little researching I found that applying the Buttery Wax would help keep the shine from the Glaze longer so I went for it. Similar consistency to the pudding like polish but way smoother. Interesting about the wax the application went on how I expected really smooth and a quick spray of detail rewetted the hex applicator anytime I had to step away, but the surprising thing was after it had time to dry it seemed to turn into powder. This made it really easy to take off with the grey towels. And I noticed that any rubber trim or black plastic I touched with it wasn't stained white after the fact (pre treated all of these areas with Adam's VRT prior). After I finished I took a single soft towel and gave the car a final once around to pick up anything I missed. Very pleased. Grade: A+

Last but not least was the tire shine. Or banana smoothie in a spray bottle... I had previously used the VRT on the Jukes tires with impressive results, this product is as good but provides a bit more shine than the VRT. It gives a glossy wet look if your into that sort of thing on your tires. Grade: A

Overall still very impressed with the Adam's products and price point. And the Z looks very very happy:

Next up for the product reviews is the H2O guard and gloss, Marino soft mitt, carpet and upholstery cleaner, and oder neutralizer.
2014: Nismo 370z #495 Magnetic Black - Stillen Gen3 CAI | SPL F/R Camber Arms | HKS Hypermax IV | JDM Rear Fog Light |GT-R Push Start Button | Z1 2 Piece D/S | Illuminated Kicks | Tommykaira | Work VS-XX BKB Step Lip +23/+13 19" 9.5/11 | Fast Intentions RHFC TDX CBE 12" CF | EcuTek

Last edited by OTW Z-Boy; 05-06-2017 at 01:18 PM.
OTW Z-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote