Thread: My Z is a POS
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2017, 02:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
KrnAndy
Base Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370z M6
KrnAndy is on a distinguished road

DUUUUDE. I know what you mean. I'm with you. I'm one of the few unlucky ones that had problems month after month.
Steering lock got stuck first month I got the car. Didn't know to pull the fuse, had to replace then pull

Engine got rod knock, no oil. Checked the week before and was full. Replaced the engine

Slave went out a week after. Dished out 2k for clutch he csc Cmc labor

5th gear started to scratch badly. Now I double clutch 5th all the time now

Ac compressor went out. Replaced it with another compressor $700 + labor
Surprising cause most people's acs don't seem to fail.

Then after a week or so, the ac clutch was partially disengaging causing the belt to burn, bought another one. Could not get a refund or replacement as they considered the part incorrectly installed -.-

Got rear ended on the freeway. Insurance took months to get the money from this guys insurance. They would not answer calls or anything. Cheap insurance from his side

Unexplained limp mode. Oil temp in check, no cel or anything. Happens every blue moon

Negative battery clamp came off during highway driving. Everything shut off. No power steering or abs. Scariest moment of my life and surprising considering that if the battery lost power the alternator should of kept it on. So idk what happened there.

Power steering pump went out. Replaced that

Garage shut on my car so there a big scratch down the hood (I have a Seibon hood now)
Neighbors garage button somehow connected with mine and closed mine while I was partially out of the garage

Then someone vandalized my side mirror bashing it in. Luckily I bought a used one in good condition same paint code for $70

And my front end links snapped at stock height with hotchkis sway bars. After a couple weeks, normal driving

All of this within the year of getting the car. It's been a nightmare tbh. Had a 350z then g35 but never had so many problems so close in time. Was really considering selling the car. But each time I fix it, I'm hoping it's the last time for a while my car is going to be breaking somehow

Bought this car used, 60k miles for 14k 2 years ago.
Brought it to a shop for problems. Came out good. Oil was good compression was good, fluids etc. sucks cause this stuff will happen out of nowhere.

Last edited by KrnAndy; 05-05-2017 at 02:32 PM.
KrnAndy is offline   Reply With Quote