View Single Post
Old 05-05-2017, 07:25 AM   #48 (permalink)
DCNISMO
Track Member

Drives: Nismo Z
DCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond reputeDCNISMO has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Are you kidding me...you can buy a 3 year old Z for what about 25 to 30k. Already you are ahead 15k+. 996 is a 13+ year old car, that is 10years older with more problems. Plus you are comparing Japanese engineering versus German. Reliability of a German car would be in question even if only 3 years old...10 years old with allot of miles? Your talking about a money pit of problems. Everyone likes euro cars until they own one and recognize the cost of ownership associated with multiple breakdowns, parts and after market parts. Plus like I mentioned earlier typically it is impossible to find tech manuals for German cars. So you will be relying on mechanics instead of yourself...that is a major problem on its own....
The 996 TT Metzer motor is derived from the LeMans winning race motor....its pretty bullet proof and so is the rest of the 996TT. You can join forums like Rennlist, Planet9, and get any German shop manual you want and they are not hard to work on either. Its pretty easy to drop the whole motor and tranny to get at anything you want, if it needs a major service. I agree that some Audi, BMW, and Porsche models have issues....but the 996TT, not really.
DCNISMO is offline   Reply With Quote