View Single Post
Old 05-01-2017, 12:37 PM   #26 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioYJ View Post
Don't worry about the transmission. The shifter doesn't go directly into the transmission, it bolts to linkage that runs to the transmission.
But you can bend the shifter linkage if you don't put a wrench on it under the boot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryennn View Post
I got it off finally LOL. Had to buy another vice grip and lifted the boot, had to get my colleague to help grip the bottom while I used the other vice grip to counter turn the knob....that still took us 15-20 mins to get it off....rip OEM knob you PITA. -- OEM knob free if anyone wants it
Take it to a dealer and tell them it fell apart in your hand while shifting gears

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote