View Single Post
Old 05-01-2017, 08:25 AM   #976 (permalink)
Leingod
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: In Circles
Leingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostvette View Post
If they screw into the subframe, I'd just leave the shroud off. Between limited access under the car, and possibly your limited tool selection, it's not worth the headache of trying to drill out rusted screws.

If they are speed nuts, (3/8" wide pieces of metal that fasten over a plastic panel) pry the old ones off, go to the parts store, get new ones and screws and reinstall.... with some anti-seize.
I'l have to double check, but they sound like the latter. The screws that snapped are screwed into small metal brackets on the other side when the shroud goes on. I highly doubt the shroud is doing anything important anyways. If she hits something that high in the Versa, the shroud won't protect the oil pan anyways.