View Single Post
Old 05-01-2017, 07:24 AM   #971 (permalink)
Leingod
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: In Circles
Leingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
lol I assumed it was a Fumoto valve ... yeah those things are pretty nice. But it's not too difficult to do a clean oil change without a valve. One just needs a little practice using the right methods.

The key is the angle of the car on jackstands, drain plug removal method, and any relevant mods affecting the drain flow (like aftermarket undershroud opening or the Arc cooling fins I installed on the bottom of my oil pan). I routinely change my oil when it's hot - no gloves and no issues with spills or messes if done right.
Normally it's the same for me. But the ease of access and not having to fight with an overly tight bolt just makes me smile. After having the worst oil change of my life on Saturday, those things are a godsend.