Thread: softer ride
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 05:48 PM   #58 (permalink)
SINISTER
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z NISMO
SINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond repute

Hey I thought I would share my confusion with everyone regarding the sport shocks...and what I found out.

In 2013 (the year of my car) they had 3 shock options. 1 for the base model, 1 for the sport model and 1 for the Nismo. Shocks for base are 1EA1E and in 2013 and they used 1EA2A for the sport model. Apparently the sport model in 2013 got a shock upgrade they called "euro tuned."

Before that it appears that the base and the sport shared the same 1EA1E shocks (pre 2013)...perhaps the sport package had stiffer springs or different suspension parts that warranted calling it a "sport" Nonetheless if you get the sport shocks pre 2013 your actually getting the same shocks used in the base model in all the years from 2009 to 2014.

Last edited by SINISTER; 04-29-2017 at 05:59 PM.
SINISTER is offline   Reply With Quote