View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 11:10 AM   #41 (permalink)
sunkist350z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2012 370z sport 6-sp
sunkist350z has a reputation beyond reputesunkist350z has a reputation beyond reputesunkist350z has a reputation beyond reputesunkist350z has a reputation beyond reputesunkist350z has a reputation beyond reputesunkist350z has a reputation beyond reputesunkist350z has a reputation beyond reputesunkist350z has a reputation beyond reputesunkist350z has a reputation beyond reputesunkist350z has a reputation beyond reputesunkist350z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redglare View Post
28-30k seems too much for that car also.... You can pick up a bare bones base wrx for 25k, for 30k you can get a used low mileage nismo 370, so many other cars out there for 28-30k, heck you could even get a mint c6 loaded vette, the list goes on and on. The point is, even at 30k this car doesn't make sense unless you are a die hard honda fan.
I've owned an ap2 s2000, fb6 Si - so I am aware of how fun and good of cars honda makes, but I just don't see how the price tag is justified on a FWD civic, albeit with 300hp.

The entrance point for this car NEW should have been right around what the base WRX sells for, i.e. 25 bare bones, 30k fully optioned, AT BEST.

I don't think you have to wait that long to pick up a used one, after the initial surge, they will be sitting on dealer lots and will eventually be marked down just to move them, they underestimated the competitive nature of the segment.
The new Civic Type R is an awesome performer given its price tag of mid 30k's. The cars you listed used are not as practical as the type r and will have comparable performance numbers to those cars you listed, heck look at the nurburing time! I would take this over the ford focus rs any day. Honda reliability and the exclusivity of the Type R name.
sunkist350z is offline   Reply With Quote