View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 10:40 AM   #39 (permalink)
Redglare
Enthusiast Member

Drives: C172 Skyhawk GIII
Redglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINISTER View Post
Type R is really awesome...the problem is that the "me first" crowd are going to come running in with check books out and then simple supply and demand will occur...higher demand then supply = dealers increase MSRP above 40k to probably 45 to 50k. I cant really see myself spending 40 to 50k when there are so many awesome sports cars in that price range that you can buy used like the CLA45AMG, CTSV, Corvette, M3 for that amount...its stupid. Especially when their are so many awesome cars below that price range like the 370z, EVO, WRX sti, Ford Focus RS which are all just as good as the Civic. However, I would be all over it for 30k ...so I will wait and in a couple of years I will buy it used for around 28-30k ..which is honestly where it should be ..
28-30k seems too much for that car also.... You can pick up a bare bones base wrx for 25k, for 30k you can get a used low mileage nismo 370, so many other cars out there for 28-30k, heck you could even get a mint c6 loaded vette, the list goes on and on. The point is, even at 30k this car doesn't make sense unless you are a die hard honda fan.
I've owned an ap2 s2000, fb6 Si - so I am aware of how fun and good of cars honda makes, but I just don't see how the price tag is justified on a FWD civic, albeit with 300hp.

The entrance point for this car NEW should have been right around what the base WRX sells for, i.e. 25 bare bones, 30k fully optioned, AT BEST.

I don't think you have to wait that long to pick up a used one, after the initial surge, they will be sitting on dealer lots and will eventually be marked down just to move them, they underestimated the competitive nature of the segment.
Redglare is offline   Reply With Quote