View Single Post
Old 04-28-2017, 11:51 AM   #74 (permalink)
bcfromfl
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2015 PW Nismo 6MT
bcfromfl will become famous soon enoughbcfromfl will become famous soon enough

I thought I was understanding that the consensus leans towards turbos being generally quieter than s/c (although depending upon a host of variables), but in this thread it seems that turbo and s/c exhaust systems are being compared interchangeably.

If there IS a difference in sound levels between the two systems, how can the s/c exhaust be modified to reduce some of this additional noise? Maybe I'm in the minority, but I'd like to see some configuration that keeps the decibels to a manageable level. Seems like the cats are a key component to reduce some of the worst of the noise, but they should be repositioned downstream to avoid the worst of the heat? Is that right? Where would you place hangers, etc.? Will the sensors need additional cabling to reach? Other problems?

I found a suggestion on one website that recommended adding spiral inserts inside straight pipes to reduce excessive noise. Has anyone tried something like this?

I tried Googling the images of the exhausts of factory s/c cars, but that didn't really yield helpful results. Are factory s/c cars known to burn through cats?
bcfromfl is offline   Reply With Quote