View Single Post
Old 04-28-2017, 09:57 AM   #8 (permalink)
zashburn
Base Member

Drives: 13' 370Z Pearl 6MT
zashburn is on a distinguished road
Default Single turbo coming soon

After lots of thought I've finally decided the Z will be getting boosted
She will continue to be my daily driver so I've got my fingers crossed everything goes smoothly.

If any of you OG's or even just anyone who has experience boosting the Z comes across this thread please share your thoughts or experiences, again any advice is appreciated. Expecting a bit of an adventure here but the more I know going in the better. So, onto my parts list.

BP Single Turbo kit - COMP 800HP twin-scroll, TBB, etc.
Innovate SGC-1 Boost Controller Gauge
GaleForce Premium Single Gauge A-Pillar
CSF triple pass Radiator
Z1 34 row Oil Cooler
South Bend Stage 2 Daily Clutch w/Quiet Disk
RJM Adjustable Pedal
South Bend 19lb LWF
ZSpeed CMAK CSC Delete *** Making an attempt to install the kit around this, with the stage 2 clutch in (hoping it will hold up as I am not rough on the clutch). I have a SB Stage 4 clutch & HD CSC in the garage ready to go in if we can't fabricate are way around the CMAK. ***
Ecutek Software
PTP Lava Turbo bag
Daily Tires: Michelin PS4S
Powder Coat going on IC piping
Either a ceramic coat or heat wrap for the hot side

As far as the tune I am on Ecutek already & will just need to hop on the dyno for a retune. Here is what I'm thinking as far as my maps are concerned;
At least until I work up some funds for an engine build I'm thinking of starting with something like a 6psi waste gate spring in. While I want to believe that I will control myself, I'm not so sure I can. If I am correct having the 6psi spring paired with the EBC should give me up to 12pounds of boost which should be PLENTY for now.
Again she's the daily driver so looking for conservative tune as far as timing, etc. Depending on what type of numbers we are seeing on the dyno may decide to go a little less conservative.
TUNE 1: SMOKEY TIRE MODE
Med or High boost – NO Traction Control (TC)
TUNE 2: TRAVEL / DAILY
Low boost (~6psi) – Ecutek TC
[TUNE W/NO BOOST CONTROLER??? This will allow me to have a safe map to use if the BC shoots the ****? Talk to Frank.]
TUNE 3: DAILY
Med boost (~8psi) – Ecutek TC
TUNE 4: RACE
High boost (~10-12psi) – Ecutek TC

Will continue with updates! Goodies are showing up daily