View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 08:16 PM   #32 (permalink)
dalparadise
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 2010 Z Roadster T/S
dalparadise is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGuy View Post
If this apparently pervasive paint problem continues to cause enough aggravation and expense for enough owners, it could lead to a class action lawsuit and maybe payment to owners to defray the cost of frequent paint touch-ups/re-painting or coupons for free body work. I have an '08 CVT Altima coupe and due to presumed difficulties being encountered with that CVT transmission, Nissan recently extended the warranty on the transmission to something like 10 years/100,000 mi. (I don't have their letter in front of me as I write this). In the right circumstance, litigation can bring about a fair remedy and that may eventually happen regarding this paint problem.
I had a BMW MZ3 about 10 years ago. The car was awesome and the discussion board was even more enthusiastic than this one. They griped about the paint on that car, too. They also thought of the class action idea, but it never went anywhere. I've heard the same talk about the three cars I've owned since. It never materializes.

Get a clear bra.