Thread: ECU reset
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 02:52 PM   #19 (permalink)
mults
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 (40th) #706
mults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond reputemults has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzi370z View Post
Does anybody knows if I need to Change my ECU to an aftermarket one? I've changed my exhaust system, CATS, Headers, CAI. Car does feels different, but i feel like its not on point. Any advice.
I have the same aftermarket items as you (less headers) and while there is an improvement in all aspects of the car (acceleration, fuel economy, butt dyno, sound, etc), I know that there is a little bit left to squeeze out of these add-ons. In the few times that I tracked the car last year, it seems that the engine has a little bit more to give, especially at the top end.

This is one of the reasons that I am finally going to be getting my car tuned at Dynosty in a few weeks. Even though I love the way the car drives, I've been told that there will be a big difference in throttle response, and should eak some more HP/TQ out of the VQ.

If you are finished adding on to the car, I would recommend getting it tuned to get the most out of what you have. I'll know the results in a few weeks on the way to ZdayZ.

Keep us posted as to what you end up doing...
Build Date/Number: 1/27/2010 #706
Berk HFC + CBE, R2C CAI, Clear Bra, Cleveland Z Club
mults is offline   Reply With Quote