View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 11:13 AM   #460 (permalink)
dbw
Base Member

Drives: 370z Roadster
dbw is on a distinguished road

My 370z according to Nissan Canada falls outside of the range of cars affected. That said it happened to me last winter and left me stranded in -11f weather. After waiting for the better part of 2 hours a tow truck took me and the car to the dealer. It took close to a week to get the parts and have me on my way. I called Nissan Canada and was told my car was not one of those affected. I suggested politely that they were wrong as my car was in getting fixed for this issue. They came back and said again my car was not one of those affected....they would not acknowledge what I said as to my car being in the garage.

Either the person was sampling our prime ministers favorite new product or I was speaking with the janitor.

I am still pissed about this. In this part of the world should it fail in winter it could lead to fatal consequences should there not be appropriate survival gear in the car....and the majority of people do not carry this. My understanding is that the latest iteration of this steering lock did not fix the problem.
dbw is offline   Reply With Quote