View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 01:10 AM   #47 (permalink)
fritz
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z M6
fritz is a splendid one to beholdfritz is a splendid one to beholdfritz is a splendid one to beholdfritz is a splendid one to beholdfritz is a splendid one to beholdfritz is a splendid one to beholdfritz is a splendid one to beholdfritz is a splendid one to behold

G'day,

Ohhh! Just cut that wire with the engine running...there's good photos at the start of this thread too.

I started all this with "cut the wire" long ago. A.N.Other, (a Smokey), after profusely congratulating me, then worked out that for me to do the R&D I'd be disconnecting the fuse. That is tiresome, dangerous to the windshield (see Nissan's TSB to dealers!) and just dumb for the amount of plastic and wires you have to disturb....NOT NOT for many DIYers

But "For Real" sells most anything.

AN Other's "For real" and repeat self-congratulations, did the job for most...which is all that matters....but another recent self-congratulation was OTT!

DIYers do not report their errors!!

A broken wire can hardly damage a warranty....but a missing fuse ???

PS. Nissan marking of small components is not necessarily correct. Example is the VVEL relay which on many cars was wrongly identified.....then never corrected in manuals...then corrected in some (infinitis?) and to make matters worse the Consult3 could not ID the relay and launched into several codes instead.....If it could...then replacing the wrong (!) relay would/could do nothing other than introduce high drama and great expense.
(NOTE: In event of a disconnected throttle pedal and high-ish idle RPM just swap the relay with the one next to it. If the problem goes away....you know what to do next!...I ID'd all the relays and quality substitutes, long ago...and ......also the internal small electronic steering components and the manufacturers...in the USA...and even the engineer(s) involved...etc etc.)

Fritz (now retired R&D chassis and engines engineer/International racer/winner)
fritz is offline   Reply With Quote