Thread: softer ride
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2017, 12:54 PM   #55 (permalink)
SINISTER
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z NISMO
SINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ape Factory View Post
They're just dialing out the inherent understeer by increasing the rear spring rate at the cost of ride quality. You can change the sway bar diameter but any increase is just tying both halves the the suspension together even more so than the stock setup. And the Z has a massively staggered tire setup too which doesn't help in that department. I ended up with a square setup on my G and it made a very noticeable difference in the car's neutrality.

I use a 12f/10r setup and I'd consider going down 1-2K in the rear but then I'd bring the understeer back. On decent roads, it's a brilliant setup with body roll virtually eliminated. It'll get a little firm out back while on really nasty roads but the fronts always seem to work really well. I've been driving round Southern California for the past few days and they'd be borderline acceptable. Had no idea Cali had such poor roads.

If the rear sport shocks don't do it for you, and you're willing to wait a few weeks, order a set of the Aragostas. No real downside and they're the only kit that can keep you at stock ride height (even above) and they have superior response/damping compared to the Nismo shocks.

Another option is to go with Infiniti IPL shocks. Same as the Nismo shocks with slightly different valving. I found they did not have enough low speed compression damping but the ride was super comfy and otherwise spot-on in the handling dept. No crashing or otherwise out of control body movement (and on a heavier car).
So the sport shocks will improve the ride quality but will the handling in your opinion be negatively impacted significantly? More understeer...?
I guess it does not matter as I will keep the nismo dampers in case I go to the track....

Last edited by SINISTER; 04-25-2017 at 12:56 PM.
SINISTER is offline   Reply With Quote