View Single Post
Old 04-25-2017, 01:07 AM   #26 (permalink)
GeauxTigers1
Track Member

Drives: 2017 370Z Nismo
GeauxTigers1 has a reputation beyond reputeGeauxTigers1 has a reputation beyond reputeGeauxTigers1 has a reputation beyond reputeGeauxTigers1 has a reputation beyond reputeGeauxTigers1 has a reputation beyond reputeGeauxTigers1 has a reputation beyond reputeGeauxTigers1 has a reputation beyond reputeGeauxTigers1 has a reputation beyond reputeGeauxTigers1 has a reputation beyond reputeGeauxTigers1 has a reputation beyond reputeGeauxTigers1 has a reputation beyond repute

So just as an update, I wanted to let everyone know how much of a D1ck I am and I feel absolutely awful. The first buyer called within hours of being listed and had some questions and wanted to think it over. Less than an hour later he says he's going to fly out on Thursday and drive her back. I agreed, good to go (That's where I have the pending pickup). Then this weekend happens, I'm absolutely BLOWN UP with this car, at least 20 calls/texts. I let everyone know she is sold and being picked up Thursday. Sure enough, we have multiple buyers over bidding. I acknowledge and thank them but tell them I can't do that to this person who already offered and is paying full price. Then it gets to $44,000....F3CK. So just talking out loud I call the original guy and tell him my predicament. I haven't made a decision yet, but I offer to pay for his plane tickets as an I'm sorry even though he can cancel for a lesser standard fee and/or credit. I'll pay the full price for his time and I feel awful. Upset, he offers to go up to $42,000. I agree and told him I won't take in any other offers, I'm sorry I even asked and I feel like a ****. He says no worries.

...This is where it gets worse...

Multiple buyers don't stop. $44k cash, I'll pay for the guys ticket...$45k,...$46k, I'll pay for his tickets. WTF do I do?! It's now $4,000 higher than I've already verbally told this guy we were good to go. The ONLY reason I'm selling this car is bc of how underwater I am with taxes. I mean literally, F'd with no lube. I'm selling stuff, trying to make ends meet and trying to make sure my kids don't feel the effects in any way. Money and time included taking care of them. So I talk with the wife, feel awful we decide it's best for the family to take the $46k. We have to. I can't afford anything bc of how bad the IRS is coming after us, THEN I'm being audited for 2015 so I'm not able to work, constantly battling and now dissecting crap that happened 2 years ago, which means no income coming in. I need everything I can get. So I did the unthinkable. I called the guy again and told him I have to go with the other offer. I'll pay $1400 for his two tickets ($650 a piece before whatever cancellation policy there is and credit he gets, doesn't matter. Whatever he gets credited back from the airline, he deserves) and feel like god awful crap. I'm a complete jerk guys and if he's reading this I'm sorry. Just know that if any other circumstances, if it wasn't for the family and our MAJOR need (I wouldn't be selling in the first place) I wouldn't have gone back on my word. I'm an awful person. I hate it. But I needed to take care of the family, and I made sure that I reimbursed you for time/money. I'm so sorry bro.
Fast Intentions Kit Stage 2 #076 2017 Twin Turbo 370z Nismo. JMS Built Block, Closed Deck 874whp, 803lbs Tq e85 Ecutek Tune

Last edited by GeauxTigers1; 04-25-2017 at 01:11 AM.
GeauxTigers1 is offline   Reply With Quote