View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 09:49 AM   #9 (permalink)
Kamillio
Enthusiast Member

Drives: N/A
Kamillio has a reputation beyond reputeKamillio has a reputation beyond reputeKamillio has a reputation beyond reputeKamillio has a reputation beyond reputeKamillio has a reputation beyond reputeKamillio has a reputation beyond reputeKamillio has a reputation beyond reputeKamillio has a reputation beyond reputeKamillio has a reputation beyond reputeKamillio has a reputation beyond reputeKamillio has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomer_110 View Post
If you're tracking the car don't bother with a helical (Quaife or Wavetrac), just go straight to a clutch-type (OS Giken or Cusco).

The problem with the helical types is that as soon as you unload the inside wheel, it will effectively turns into an open diff creating unpredictable power down handling. In theory the Wavetrac should be slightly better than the Quaife in this department but it still isn't a proper clutch type diff.

And fwiw, I'm telling you this because I wasted a bunch of money putting a Quaife in my car only to end up replacing it with a Cusco. Don't make the same mistake as me.

Clutch type 1.5 way is preferred but they are holy crap expensive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk