View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 09:42 AM   #10 (permalink)
RicerX
Track Member

Drives: To the Pizza joint.
RicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond reputeRicerX has a reputation beyond repute

OH ****... this calls for the ADVANCED EDITOR!

I have all these conflicts, my friend. I don't like the way a lot of cars are going and my tastes are just changing.

The 2015+ Nismo is the perfect Z34 to me. The right seats, the right look... to me it's a future classic. I truly feel it's the only other Z that will be worthy of the stigma the S30 gets now. The Z32 was great for its time, but it's not a timeless car. The Z34, to me, reflects the last of a dying breed in this arena of sports cars. I will have another one day. Life just doesn't have enough room for one right now for me.

Now... I have considered many different cars to try and break my often betrayed Nissan fanboyism. As a loyal Nissanite, I have gone through the bastardization of the SE-R cars, the death of a Z (but its redeeming resurrection), the loss of manual transmissions throughout the lineup, the Juke Color Studio, the Pathfinder's transformation into the Mallfinder, the Cube, the CVT transmission, and for the love of all things holy... the Murano Crosscabriolet. (HOW MUCH MORE SHALL MY LOYALTY BE TESTED?!?!?)

I love the new Camaro... BUT. It's big. It has terrible visibility. It doesn't have the character of a Z ... it's just... brute force. The Z is a precision instrument to me in a way that can never be replicated in a Pony Car.

I love the Miata... BUT. It's tiny. I will catch far too much **** from my friends if I ever got one. It doesn't have the UMPH of a Z.

I love the Cayman... BUT. I want a 718. I look into my wallet, and find a " Error 404 Cayman Funds Not Found" message. Still haven't figured that one out.

I love the M3 (yep, the sedan) but I'm terrified of BMW. After doing research, their trunk-mounted battery is $1000 to replace. I have never had a car that had a $1000 battery, and I don't ever intend to. I understand it's an infrequent expense, but it strikes me as "tip of the iceberg" as far as surprise expenses. I have already read that they're the gold standard in grand touring performance and I have always been curious, but I just can't get there. On top of that, any 5 year old BMW's interior has always looked like absolute ****. They don't age well. Many people berate Nissan and their interiors, but I feel that, when taken car of, the Z's interior is not that bad.

I love the GT-R... BUT. I'm terrified of upkeep and surprise repairs. They've gotten better, but the more YouTube videos I keep seeing of people driving them into trees, the more Geico seems to want to charge more to insure them. Since I began considering a GT-R three years ago, my insurance quotes have nearly tripled. The first time I looked, it was 10% more than my premiums for my Z, and now it's double my Q50 (which was more than my Z to insure), and I have had no driving incidents occur that would increase my premiums.

I love the BRZ... BUT. JK... no I don't.

Anyway... I'm in a state of being stuck in my ways. No fun car option out there ticks all the boxes for me like a Z34. It's reliable (SHUT UP all you CSC guys... you don't exist!), it's nimble, it's powerful (SHUT UP all you V8 guys), it's direct, it's fairly exclusive, after 10 years it still turns my head (and the current Camaro won't do that in another 6-12 months just like the last bodystyle), and it's just special to me. The Z cars have always spoken to me since I was a kid, and as much as I've tried to change that, I haven't been able to.

I could ride into the sunset with a 2015+ Z34 Nismo and a truck and be perfectly content with my cars.

TLDR - let me know what you decide dude. I'm really curious to see where you get to.