View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 06:48 AM   #8 (permalink)
gomer_110
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '11 Nismo #528 GM
gomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamillio View Post
No, no my current diff is in a good condition. I track my car, and it vlsd really compromises the car. I have a Miata with a torsen and that feels amazing coming out of turns with 4 times less power than my Z

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you're tracking the car don't bother with a helical (Quaife or Wavetrac), just go straight to a clutch-type (OS Giken or Cusco).

The problem with the helical types is that as soon as you unload the inside wheel, it will effectively turns into an open diff creating unpredictable power down handling. In theory the Wavetrac should be slightly better than the Quaife in this department but it still isn't a proper clutch type diff.

And fwiw, I'm telling you this because I wasted a bunch of money putting a Quaife in my car only to end up replacing it with a Cusco. Don't make the same mistake as me.
'11 370Z Nismo #528 Fast Intentions | Stillen | Motordyne | Uprev | CSF | Zspeed | Z1 Motorsports | AST | Swift | SPC | SPL | Whiteline | Hotchkis | Bride | Schroth | Robispec | Cusco | Nismo | Volk | Forgestar | Hoosier | RJM
'17 Titan Bone Stock
gomer_110 is offline   Reply With Quote