View Single Post
Old 04-23-2017, 12:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute
Default To Nismo or Not to Nismo?

So here's the scenario. I got a value for my car and they'd give me 18,000 on a trade even though they claim my car is worth $17,000 in my area. I'm considering buying a black or Silver Nismo as soon as the 2018's are available. I can't deal anymore with alcohol Z35 bullshyt. In all honesty. I don't even wanna support Nissan. The

PR drama surrounding the Z has sickened me to the point of disgust and disdain for the brand as a whole. The GT-R barely impresses me anymore just based off their lack of interest in the Z. But the Z is literally the LAST fully analog RWD car on the road outside if the last of the Genesis coupes. The Z drives special and feels special and the Nismo only gets better. I honestly do see the dollar value in the extra $10k now. I once didn't. Well let me rephrase that. I have no issue in negotiating $3,000 off from the MSRP for the new Nismo. A non tech Nismo for $42,000 seems fair if I can finagle it and only come out $25,000 out my pocket.

I had spent nearly two years pondering should I go upmarket, as high as $150,000 on a Porsche 911 or a Mercedes Benz AMG GTS. There are so many factors that make other cars superior. So much technology helping cars today. I realize I want to preserve that natural feeling with the BEST analog car on the market right now. Any car that is superior to a Z has ARTIFICIAL STEERING, god knows how many computers controlling the car, something in it is controlled "by wire". The LSD is electronic and no manual e brake in most of them except the mustang GT and M2. The mustang GT is a no go, even though I like them more. The camaro. One day... used.

I'm thinking that since I'm not going so upmarket. Next year I can save a Lil extra change and add a Supra. The Z34 would probably look nice next to a Supra. This knocks the Z35 out of the running for me? I probably won't entertain a Z till the Z36. If anybody will even want a Z by then? Cuz Nissan just knows how to attract enthusiasts these days...

JDM. Less perfect than the others, yet so much more emotional to drive though. I give shyt to cars like the BRZ and WRX. But, in reality. They're all emotional cars and I'm just grateful they exist. I just wish Japanese people cared about their customers like the American market has shown over the last 7 years. If the corvette was analog? I'd own it.

Anyway. So which Nismo would you guys pick?
Black or Silver?

I'm just wondering if you guys think I'm making the right choice? I know it's my decision in the end. But I'm just looking for "food for thought".
Also do you guys think I should keep holding out to get final Z35 news?

Last edited by UNKNOWN_370; 04-23-2017 at 12:35 PM.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote