View Single Post
Old 04-23-2017, 12:58 AM   #13 (permalink)
turtle64b
Track Member

Drives: '11 SC Blue 7AT
turtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhovah View Post
I think Elmo might be right here... I think the consensus on here is that the stock 7AT is only good up to 400wtq and even that is just a guideline and not concrete. I think the bigger power 7AT builds have all had built transmissions from Fast Intentions or Level 10 or some other kind of upgrade.
That is probably true, but I'm not looking to be a "bigger power" guy just yet. I will stay conservative for the stock transmission for now and when I'm ready, I'll probably go with the Level 10 transmission built for beating haha. At the moment (until some of the extra parts sell) I'm a little over budget on the build, so if I have to stay conservative for the moment, I'll be ok with that. And, if the tranny fails me, the wifey will give me some "I told you so's" and I'll tell her that I've gotta get a new tranny. Can't really argue at that point, right? lol. From what I've seen, 1-4 hold fine, it's getting on it in gears 5-7.

Thanks for looking out, I really do appreciate it! I will make sure that the first real drive doesn't result in her last real drive for awhile!

I would say that the next round of upgrades will see a Brian Crower stroker out to the 4.3ish range, the impeller upgrade, and the new tranny. I've gotta get through this project successfully first though! haha
turtle64b is offline   Reply With Quote