View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 06:35 PM   #3525 (permalink)
Tick64
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '11 370z Nismo MB
Tick64 has a reputation beyond reputeTick64 has a reputation beyond reputeTick64 has a reputation beyond reputeTick64 has a reputation beyond reputeTick64 has a reputation beyond reputeTick64 has a reputation beyond reputeTick64 has a reputation beyond reputeTick64 has a reputation beyond reputeTick64 has a reputation beyond reputeTick64 has a reputation beyond reputeTick64 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejuanito View Post
Part of the Z tradition has been it's numerical configurations: 240, 260, 280, 300, 350 and 370. So if they decided to stay true to this, (which they should) then the next Z should be the 380z or 400Z or whatever. We know the number represents the size of the engine, and this is where Nissan would have a problem.

I don't think Nissan is making big liter engines due to emissions. The Q50 400 Red is called that not because of the engine size but fort it's horsepower.

So, Nissan is at a crossroads. If they call the next Fairlady a 400Z based on Horsepower, then they would be braking a 50 year old tradition of naming the car based on the engine size.

I very well think this is it for the Z as it can not continue with this numeration without braking tradition.
Yes, I think everyone here agrees. The Z is discontinued because they can no longer follow traditional naming conventions
Tick64 is offline   Reply With Quote