View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 02:57 PM   #152 (permalink)
LiquidZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mag. Black 2009 370Z
LiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond reputeLiquidZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4thelaw View Post
I am already pretty much conviced that Stillen's supercharger system will be the way to go. At first I thought they were crazy when they first talked about the replacing the intake manifold. Now it makes perfect sense and the intake and intercooler design really sounds like the best solution I have seen yet. My question is why Stillen chose the Vortech compressor over the Rotrex compressor. IMO the Rotrex compressor is better engineered than the later and would appear to hold up better over time and mileage just due to the fact it has no gears to wear and create friction and noise.
I'm glad they chose Vortech. Vortech has been around for a long time and has been known to pump out serious power. When HKS came to the market with their supercharger, they were using a Rotrex unit. They decided to reengineer their own supercharger citing reliability issues.

Lastly, Vortech is an American company who Stillen has worked with over the years. Made in the USA was a big factor for Stillen and this kit.