Thread: Not a Priority?
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 06:09 PM   #56 (permalink)
SINISTER
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z NISMO
SINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond reputeSINISTER has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacCool View Post
The point being that the residual value on my 2011 370Z was $23,000. The residual value on my 2014 is $22,500. The residual value on a 2017 is $15,945. It's a dying car line. They can't afford to upgrade it because it will be so expensive that no one will buy it. For now, they can afford to keep it in the catalogue, but sales are so increasingly pathetic that, in three years, Nissan is confident that the car will be worth less than 1/2 of its purchase price. To me, that signals that the end of the Z is near - likely within 3 years.

Not if they upgrade it and just make it more performance based....because as I mentioned the drop in value was only around 30% in 4 years for my Nismo....Also note that their calculated residual values are based on a car that probably drives the typical miles which is around 45k in 3 years....so they are showing the residual value on the two extremes: base model and high miles...its not reflective of a higher performance based model. Which they essentially almost do not have.....I get what your saying and if they do drop it I would be happy. I have mine and that is all that matters....it will also become more rare than it already is...