View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 02:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
dalparadise
The370Z.com Sponsor

Drives: 2010 Z Roadster T/S
dalparadise is on a distinguished road

I got Venture Shield last week, with about 450 miles on the Roadster and one tiny, invisible-to-everyone-but-me rock chip in the bumper. I'm quite happy with the install, overall. The product even completely hid my small chip.

The lines are not as invisible as I had thought they would be from certain angles, but the film itself is much more clear than I expected it to be. That is to say that, even with polarized sunglasses and in different light (sun, florescent, incandescent, etc.) there seems to be no noticeable color shift on my Platinum Graphite. I can detect a very slight orange peel effect in the material, compared to the raw finish of the car, but viewed from any distance further than about 6 inches, even that is imperceptible. Straight-on from the front, the clear bra is completely invisible. From the sides a small line is the only thing you'll see. It definitely beats the sand blast effect I got on my last car.

I got a half-hood, half fenders, full bumper and fang area and leading edge of the mirrors done for $450 at Executive Motoring in Houston. Workmanship is excellent, aside from one small bubble (about the diameter of a BB) in the left fender that I'm having them look at next week. The product and their installation work come with a warranty for the life of the car.

It's a no-brainer in a city like Houston, where concrete debris on the freeway is very common. I consider it among the most sensible money I will spend on this car.

Last edited by dalparadise; 01-17-2010 at 02:29 PM.
dalparadise is offline   Reply With Quote