View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 10:34 AM   #9782 (permalink)
madwi
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Granma red Z
madwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostvette View Post
( Click to show/hide )
My dad has some Pittsburgh sockets that seem to be okay, granted they are 3/4" drive, so they don't get a lot of use.

I've destroyed several Pittsburgh impact sockets and twisted adapters in two, mainly working on old, rusted POSs that should have been scrapped rather than fixed...

It sucks having to borrow a socket from one of the other guys until I could get to Sears or the crack dealer (Snap-on) shows up. The harassment of 'ya shoulda bought some good tools.... etc....

I seem to have the luck of 'crap, I broke this socket... gotta go get a new one. What?!?!?!?! you don't have another one?!?!?!.... 5 stores later..... no Sears store has this socket, gotta go to HF.... 3 trips to HF later, the car is fixed.....

Now I research to make sure I don't need special tools, (which BTW, the Z requires a special socket for spark plugs), buy the tools, then buy the parts and install them. Much less frustrating....

Because I am lazy... what does the Z need specifically?