View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 08:05 AM   #9743 (permalink)
madwi
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Granma red Z
madwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Madwi makes great points. But if you're not ready to throw down the cash on Snap-On and such, consider tools from places like Harbor Freight or Northern Tool. They certainly aren't the best tools, but for the price the quality is quite good. I started with that stuff and have been gradually replacing the tools I use most with higher quality stuff either purchasing myself or asking for tools or gift cards for bday/xmas gifts.
my air tools are generic no names. I keep them oiled and they work very well. I do put up with a small oil leak or other little quality issues but they continue to work for years. Other items (not hand tools) like my router or cordless drills are Bosch and dewalt. Take a look at the projects you do the most and see what is out there. Easy to replace, lifetime warranty hand tools is great too, if it doesnt take 3 years to get your new one back from China slow boat.