Thread: Not a Priority?
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 07:29 PM   #26 (permalink)
SG4247
Track Member

Drives: 2010 touring
SG4247 has a reputation beyond reputeSG4247 has a reputation beyond reputeSG4247 has a reputation beyond reputeSG4247 has a reputation beyond reputeSG4247 has a reputation beyond reputeSG4247 has a reputation beyond reputeSG4247 has a reputation beyond reputeSG4247 has a reputation beyond reputeSG4247 has a reputation beyond reputeSG4247 has a reputation beyond reputeSG4247 has a reputation beyond repute

I worked for many years (over a decade) as a teir one supplier to Nissan, Subaru and Honda for engine and drivetrain assemblies.

As a result, I know each company, their engineers and management very well.

Bottom line: Nissan does not make money on the 370Z program. Not enough sales volume and margin to invest in new product design and development. I know that there are those at Nissan that have great loyalty to the long heritage of the Z product (like Corvette & Camaro, do at GM).

Problem is the the bean counters put pressure on leadership to make certain margins and payback on capital investments by program. Nissan has hopefully now gotten thier ROI on the product since production began in 2008, but I would be surprised if the bankers would be willing to invest millions in new design and tooling for a new 400Z.

I really love the 370Z product, and even liked my old 280ZX very much.

The 370Z is a great and well balanced performance sports car that is affordable.

Hang on to yours, because in 10 years when there arent any, you will be glad you kept it.
SG4247 is offline   Reply With Quote