View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 06:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
turtle64b
Track Member

Drives: '11 SC Blue 7AT
turtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond reputeturtle64b has a reputation beyond repute
Default Turtle64b's Stillen Build Thread

I honestly never imagined I'd find myself making one of these haha, but here goes.

My current car is a 2012 370Z Touring Sport with Z1 two piece front brakes, K&N Typhoon Intakes, Z1 upper intake plenum, Z1 lower intake runners, Z1 test pipes and a Borla exhaust, all tested and tuned at Z1 Motorsports.

At the end of this chronicle, I will hope to have a running car with the Stillen SC'er, converted to Air-to-Air (utilizing Topgunz's kit and expert guidance), TBatt's pulley mod (raising the wrap on the SC pulley), CJM S1-SE fuel system, ID1050X injectors, Aeromotive Stealth 340 fuel pump, along with the existing exhaust mods, unless I can find some replacement for my test pipes and/or my stock exhaust manifolds. I will either get the car re-tuned at SOHO (the going recommendation) or back at Z1 (they did pretty good work on my current tune).

I feel solid on the DIY install when it comes to the mechanics of it and I've reviewed the Stillen book for the basic kit install, as well as the "Supplemental" instructions (Link: 370Z Stillen supercharger DIY instructions) from one of the forum members detailing pitfalls and ways to make the install more efficient.

I plan to start work May 2nd-ish (hopefully Topgunz has a kit on the way around then, no rush though ) and have it hopefully wrapped up by May 18th.

Initial props to vgl08 for the excellent care and great effort he took in meticulously packaging, labeling and shipping the base Stillen kit!! Thank you!

All that said, I will do my very best to keep this thread up to date as I do work and I cannot tell you guys how much I will appreciate the input and I will do my best to pay it forward! Thank you all in advance!!

I will post pictures here (https://goo.gl/photos/6wexurgWYzweWzYw7).

-Brett

P.S. If you're in the Charleston area and wanna stop by for a beer and entertainment in that timeframe, shoot me a message haha
turtle64b is offline   Reply With Quote