View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 12:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Curtis_J
Base Member

Drives: '17 370z Base
Curtis_J has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis_J has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis_J has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis_J has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis_J has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis_J has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis_J has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis_J has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis_J has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis_J has a reputation beyond reputeCurtis_J has a reputation beyond repute
Default Budget Akebono kit

So my brother has a z32, and his stock brakes are pretty much toast, not to mention woefully inadequate for his power level. I read that the sport Akebonos would fit with an adapter from Z1. I ordered the adapter and SS lines, but he wasn't prepared to pay huge money for the kit, which after shipping and the exchange to Canadian dollars, would be very expensive. So I spoke to a friend who runs an auto parts store, and he was able to supply me with rebuilt Akebonos from Cardone. The two front calipers cost just $435 (about $325 usd). To put that into perspective, Akebonos from my dealer are $630 each. I'm just going to go with Raybestos rotors and ceramic pads, which for a car that doesn't see track use, should be plenty sufficient while still being a serious upgrade over the factory spec z32 brakes. The whole setup will cost under a grand in Canadian money. Depending on how it all goes, I may do the same thing for my base model; seems like a pretty reasonable price to pay for a brake upgrade. Will update with pics and thoughts when it all shows up.
Curtis_J is offline   Reply With Quote