View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 11:19 AM   #11 (permalink)
iidylii
Base Member

Drives: 2014 370z nismo
iidylii is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
Unless you have the resources to rebuild a car (time, money, space, tools, etc), I'd look for something in a little better shape. I've seen way too many people have to abandon project cars because they got in over their heads. They nearly always lost money when they bailed out.

Find a friend that knows about rebuilding cars and get them to take a look. If you are that serious about it, pay a mechanic with some body experience (or the other way around) for advice.

Edit: It might make a good parts car, if not rebuildable.

Thanks for your input...I do have a few really close friends who are "mechanics" maybe not Datsun knowledge but never the less they know there stuff...also have a friend who is a body shop guy...both of these guys will be with me when we look at the car...I'm not super concerned with the money part...I don't intend on getting it to show quality just some body mods some nice fresh paint, aggressive rims and some relatively simple engine mods...if it takes a couple few years I'm ok with that...always have the other Z to drive lol

And thanks again for your input

And again like I said i dont know exactly what issue causes a car to be to far gone without getting in way over your head but that's why I'm bringing some knowledge with me when I go look

Edit: and I guess i dont know what getting in over someone's head means exactly...I don't mind putting $5k into it if that's what it might take...I was just shooting out a number in the dark there so I don't know if that's high low or pretty close to what it might cost to make it respectable but again any info about any of this from you guys helps out tremendously and I really appreciate the knowledge from u

Last edited by iidylii; 04-16-2017 at 11:23 AM.
iidylii is offline   Reply With Quote