View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 12:04 AM   #1629 (permalink)
BHunts
Base Member

Drives: 2012 G37 IPL 7AT
BHunts is on a distinguished road

Good to see you are doing your research before jumping into the FI world. Looks like you are on your way to a good start here. There are a couple things that might need to be addressed. I don't think your Turbosmart BOV will hold up very well with Tops A/A kit, you will most likely have to upgrade to the Tial like most others have had to do.

As for the fuel injectors, if you are staying with the stock kit (impeller & pulley) then you should be fine with using the 600cc injectors that the kit comes with but they will be high in their duty cycle. If you plan on upgrading the impeller or pulley at all then you might want to think about larger ones from the get go. If you don't plan on going over the 500+whp mark then you should need to worry about a fuel regurn system either. If you do end up seeking more power down the road then you will want to keep that in mind.

When it comes to getting tuned there are many different opinions on this. If you are happy with Z1 and staying with the UpRev tune then by all means stay with them. With that being said, have you checked out Soho's 370Z? That thing is frickin unreal. I doubt you would be disappointed going to them for a tune if they are a couple hours closer. And like the majority of the peeps here will tell ya, you should think about going the EcuTek route. Even with the updates from UpRev they are still behind the technology that EcuTek provides.

That is my 2 bits on your situation but I am sure others will chime in with their opinions as well. That's the beauty of this forum. Lots of people with different experience to understand what suits your specific needs the most. Good luck with your build!
BHunts is offline   Reply With Quote