View Single Post
Old 04-15-2017, 02:36 PM   #124 (permalink)
Spooler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
Spooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ape Factory View Post
I just adjusted my dampers and went up six clicks rear (total 14 I believe) and three up front to 18. I'd never run the rears that high and it was definitely firmer but it didn't seem to be blowing through the entire damper stroke and thus may be an improvement. Definitely feel it in the kidneys more but it's not a hard, harsh hit. On normal roads, it's really tight and just well damped/controlled. These things just respond so much more quickly than your average damper and the rear seems more controlled powering out of corners. Things you learn by just trying them out.

One note, your damper settings will also depend on what tires you run. Bridgestones typically have a very hard sidewall and when I switched over to Michelin PSS, I was able to increase my damping a few clicks and not degrade ride quality. I'm not skipping over bumps mid-corner at all.

I have to believe these are THE choice for a quality setup below $4K. If you spec out the AST's the same as the Aragostas, they're in the mid-4K range and are essentially the same damper with their own shim combination.
Now you are seeing what I saw. It's not a bad ride, just firmer. The shock has more control over the compression and rebound. I am adjusting by the feedback the car is giving me in different situations. Glad you see the same results I have. Makes sense.

Last edited by Spooler; 04-15-2017 at 03:11 PM.
Spooler is online now   Reply With Quote