View Single Post
Old 04-14-2017, 05:00 PM   #8 (permalink)
OptionZero
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 370Z Nismo 6MT
OptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioYJ View Post
And this is why people say this forum is dieing... Things change, new products come out. We just went over why one thread maybe helpful because there are lots of threads out there, all with conflicting advice because there are so many different opinions...

SPL is pretty much the only thing that everyone can agree on that is the best out there. However that's only part of this equation.

Your opinion?

The Z is plenty low enough. A performance coil over would still make a handling difference. I don't care about looks, I more care about the performance, however, I still need to drive the car because I have other vehicles as play toys, the Z is just my daily driver. It needs to be able to go over speed bumps, it needs to sit outside, it needs to be able to be parked in the driveway.

Go cast shade somewhere else. You seem to like to do that when you can. However it's odd because you are the same one who posted up complaining about calling FI many different times and them not answering, and then not being able to get details when you didn't even place an order with them.... But that whining didn't get you anywhere... Nobody cares about your e-**** here either.
Not sure why my FI experience matters. But ok, good job reading my other posts?

I stick with everything I said.

Your Z is a DD, performance doesn't matter. You're driving to work/groceries, the stressing about performance coilovers is a self created problem and i dont really feel sorry for you. You're using the wrong tool for the job.

new suspension products? when something comes out that's better than SPL, i'll change my advice and recommend that. But for the past few YEARS, basically ever since they hit the scene, SPL has been the best. For everything - strongest, most adjustment, longest lasting. So when I recommend that, its with reason, and i've yet to see anyone with SPL parts regret it. I also used them for my older car which i DID use on the track, so again, i ain't making **** up.

As for 19/20s vs 18's, sure there's some subjectivity but really . . . even ******* Nissan put 19's on the nismo. Only the lowest level Z comes with 18's.

And if you look at the damn wheel wells and see how big they are . . . i mean really, 18's don't look right

It's not my opinion that 18's are best on track. It's fact. The tire selection plus price is much better at 18; if your brakes clear 18 inch wheels, thats what you should be running.

And if you're tired of my shade, ignore my posts? You took the time to respond.

i'll repeat it again, the info is already out there for people to find. I mean, jhill is in at least two different threads bitching about how he hates his coilovers because he's too sensitive to bumps and crap. And it's been mentioned multiple times that Aragosta and Powertrix will go to OEM height

i'll also repeat, getting coilovers just to be at OEM height to bum around town is . . . lame.