View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 10:19 AM   #22 (permalink)
OldGuy
Base Member

Drives: '09370Z Red Base A7
OldGuy has a spectacular aura aboutOldGuy has a spectacular aura about
Default Few Suggestions

I'm neurotic about my new Z, too. Here are a few simple things I do to keep my car as nice as possible, while still enjoying it:
1) Get the full clear bra application. That cuts out 50% of the exposure to chips.
2) Store your Z from December through March, knowing that your body shop will do a regular, professional touch up at the end of the driving season in November. If you must use your car as a daily driver then have 2 regular, standing, annual appointments at the body shop, one in April and one in October. That way you'll have peace of mind, knowing that any chips or dings will soon be repaired.
3) Avoid parallel parking to escape from idiots tapping your bumpers in front and back and also to avoid scraping curbs while parking your Z with its compromised visibility.
4) Try to park your car in a large lot, far away from the rest. If you can't, try for an end space---limits exposure to door dings by 50%. If you must park next to someone, look for a four door car, rather than a two door car, as the doors in a four door do not extend as far when they open.
5) No valet parking---ever.
5) Park overnight inside, in your garage.
6) Hand wash your car.
Enjoy your Z!
OldGuy is offline   Reply With Quote