View Single Post
Old 04-13-2017, 07:30 AM   #9144 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

New AC is in ... very nice. Thank you for the tips b15. I've had a Nest for a few years now that allows me to set a fan schedule separate from heating/cooling, but it didn't help much in our house. The system is just too weak to pump enough air to the downstairs vents. I'm out of options, so I just decided to get dual zone for upstairs and downstairs - they installed the upstairs thermostat yesterday with the new system. I have it off right now so that it doesn't conflict with the downstairs. Once the dampers and zoning controller are in, the thermostats can do whatever they want and the system will accommodate. It can't run heating and cooling at the same time, but it will alternate to keep both areas comfortable

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |