View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017, 06:03 PM   #9055 (permalink)
madwi
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Granma red Z
madwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
I will say the dishwasher has been excellent

( Click to show/hide )
The ProScrub function works extremely well on heavily soiled pots and pans without any need for pre-rinse. The tines are well laid out for all sizes and styles of dishes and have a good variety of customization to accommodate unique pieces. The dispenser is well designed and located such that I've had no issues with the door getting blocked or pod not dispensing - this was a major problem with my old Samsung.

The lighted interior is unexpectedly convenient for glancing at the interior, even though I still find it sort of gimmicky. The window is totally useless - the interior only lights up with the door closed for about 10 min after the cycle is done. Although it is kind of cool to shine a flashlight through it while running and watch the dishwasher do its thing.

The only minor complaints I have are that it is extremely slow on the standard wash settings - like 4+ hours for a full cycle. To be fair, this is to conserve water and energy. The manual says it is akin to getting better gas mileage - if you drive slower you will use less gas. Seriously, it says that in four different places. And there is a handy Express setting that does a full wash cycle in 30-45 min and a little over an hour for a full wash cycle with drying, though the drying is not near as thorough as it is in the standard cycles.

Also, while the drying on the standard cycles does a great job at drying all different dish materials, it still doesn't totally dry out the dishwasher interior.
To combat this, I like to crack open the dishwasher for a final air dry, except the stupid light comes on with the door open. So I usually turn off the switch for the dishwasher power when I do this.
Our new metal drawer slides on the DW have been great! no sagging drawers, no broken plastic parts BS.